Types of power supply
The CISA DOMO Lock works with different types of power supply:
- Power supply with disposable batteries (12xAA type or 12xC type)
- Powered by mains with power supply (12/24 VDC)
The battery lifetime is strongly related to the number of locking procedures and also to the smoothness of the locking operation. In standby mode the CISA DOMO Lock needs a minimum amount of power. Assuming an average of 10 locking operations per day, 12xAA batteries will last for about 11-12 months. When the temperature is very low, or the door does not work smoothly, or the latch is being pulled often (“open door”), then the battery life may be significantly shorter. More information about battery types and durability you can find on the bottom of this page.
How to change the batteries
At a power level of 20% Nuki will notify you via the Nuki app and directly on the Smart Door Button. So there is enough time to replace the batteries. In case you are not able to change the batteries in time, you can still use your existing, mechanical key.
To replace the batteries, proceed as follows:
- The battery compartment is located in the frame of the Smart Door. To open it, unscrew the screws and take out the battery compartment.
- Replace the batteries and insert the battery compartment back into the Smart Door.
Risk of explosion if battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to the instructions.
Battery type and durability
The Smart Door will detect wheter it is powered by batteries or by mains. If powered by mains, the Smart Door will not display battery warnings. You can also configure the power supply manually. Tap on the desired Smart Door and enter the lock settings. Then go to Manage Smart Door > Battery type.
Please note that cheap batteries from discount stores will be depleted faster and the battery warning can be displayed shortly after the battery change.
Recommendation: Rechargeable batteries Panasonic eneloop pro
For a longer usage we recommend the rechargeable batteries Panasonic eneloop pro which have been tested by Nuki. These batteries last about twice as long as alkaline batteries. Furthermore, they are rechargeable and thus more environmentally friendly than alkaline batteries.
Maximum durability: Lithium batteries
Lithium Batteries (e.g. Energizer Ultimate Lithium) provide the maximum durability and last up to three times as long as alkaline batteries, but they are significantly more expensive.
Power supply requirements
- Input voltage 12/24V DC
- Max current consumption 1,5A @ 12V DC – 1.5A @ 24V DC
- CE marked, in compliance with Directives 2014/30/EU, 2014/35/EU
- Product UL Listed or at least UL Recognized
- Class 2 (double isolation), LPS source (in compliance with IEC 60950), OVP (overvoltage) and OCP (overcurrent) protection, SELV UL94-V0 plastic