With the Auto Unlock feature Nuki unlocks your door automatically when you come home. Your smartphone remains in your pocket.
Nuki uses the location of your smartphone to detect when you leave your home. If you approach your home again, the Nuki app is preparing to open your door. When you reach your door, Nuki unlocks it automatically.
You can activate Auto Unlock by tapping on the Smart Lock in your Nuki app and opening the settings of the lock. Then activate “Auto Unlock”.
You can still lock your door manually with the Nuki app or with the button or knob on the Smart Lock.
Auto Unlock in detail
Auto Unlock works by combining GPS, Bluetooth and Geofences (iBeacons). With the GPS on your smartphone Nuki recognizes when you leave your home. When you approach your home again and enter a Geofence near the Smart Lock, the Nuki app begins to scan for your Smart Lock via Bluetooth. When the Nuki app can establish a Bluetooth connection to your Smart Lock within 20 minutes after entering the Geofence, your door will be unlocked automatically. The next Auto Unlock will only be triggered when you exit the Geofence and enter it again. So unwanted locking operations are avoided.
The Bluetooth range is about 10 meters. The range can be reduced by doors, walls and other interference.
Auto Unlock filter
In the case that you come home with your family or your friends, we included an Auto Unlock filter, so your Smart Lock does not perform numerous unwanted Auto Unlocks consecutively. If, within two minutes, several smartphones send Auto Unlock requests to the Smart Lock, only the first Auto Unlock will be performed by the Smart Lock. The other Auto Unlocks will be filtered for the next two minutes, to avoid unwanted locking operations.
How to improve the quality of the Smart Actions and especially the Auto Unlock
- Activating Wi-Fi improves the quality of Smart Actions, since it can help to determine the location of your smartphone.
- Due to energy-saving settings of your smartphone, you may have to wait a few seconds before Auto Unlock opens your door automatically. To avoid this, you can simply wake up your phone by pressing the home or power button on the phone, just before you arrive your door door - and the Nuki Auto Unlock will work even faster.
- If you use an Android device, you should disable the battery optimisation for the Nuki app, so that the Nuki app receives the location data, which are required for Smart Actions, without delay from the operating system.
- With the Auto Unlock Expert Settings you can customize the configuration for the automatic locking actions to suit your individual needs.
- The Auto Unlock Info Screen shows you a map where you can track the current state of the Auto Unlock. There are also the Auto Unlock expert settings, which allow you to configure different actions for geofece events.
General information about Smart Actions can be found here:
Smart Action Center