With the Nuki app you can also open your door via your Wear OS smartwatch!
Note: You need your smartphone to install the Nuki app on your smartwatch.
Communication between Wear OS Watch and Nuki
|Nuki Smart Lock 2.0
|Nuki Smart Lock 1.0
Direct access via Bluetooth
The Bluetooth communication between the smartwatch and the Nuki Smart Lock allows you to open your door directly with your watch, even if you don't have your smartphone with you.
If you activate “Direct access” via your smartwatch, your smartwatch receives its own permission. As soon as your Smart Lock and the watch is connected via Bluetooth, you can control your Smart Lock with your smartwatch without using a smartphone.
Note: Direct Bluetooth communication is not yet available for the Nuki Opener! If you want to control the Nuki Opener with your smartwatch, you always need your smartphone to forward the command.
Communication via your smartphone
You can control your Nuki device remotely via your smartwatch. For this you need the Nuki Bridge and your smartphone.
There has to be a stable Bluetooth connection between smartphone and smartwatch and the Nuki device has to be available via the bridge.
Note: It is currently not possible to control your Nuki device remotely if your smartphone is not in Bluetooth range of the watch.
Requirements and setup
If you want to use the Nuki app on your watch, your watch and your smartphone must already be connected. The Smartwatch and your smartphone use the same Nuki authorization.
The following requirements have to be met to install the Nuki app on your watch:
- Bluetooth 4.4 or higher höher
- Operating system of the smartphone: Android 6.0 or newer
- Operating system of the smartwatch: Wear OS 2.0 or newer
To be able to control your Nuki device via your smartwatch, please follow these steps:
- Make sure that your smartphone and the watch are paired with each other.
- Download the Nuki app for free from the Google Play Store and install it on your smartphone.
Note: From Nuki App version 2.7.6 onwards, the Nuki App must be installed directly on the smartwatch via the App Store.
- Press the power button to access the app list. Scroll down to the Google Play Store icon and search for the Nuki app.
- After installing the app on your Wear OS Watch, all devices connected to your smartphone will also be visible on the smartwatch.
- You can also pair your smartwatch and the Smart Lock directly via Bluetooth. To do so, swipe twice to the right and select “Direct access”.
From now on you can control your Nuki device via your smartwatch!
There are some points to keep in mind when you want to control your Nuki device via a Wear OS Watch. To avoid problems, always check if:
- the Nuki app is installed on your smartphone. Only if this is the case, your Nuki devices will be displayed on the watch.
- Bluetooth is activated.
- Watch and smartphone are in Bluetooth range to each other.
- there is a stable connection between your smartphone and the Nuki device.
Note: In case of connection problems or errors in the status display, always reboot your smartphone and Wear OS Watch!