Nuki app and firmware update
If the door does not open during or after configuration of the Nuki Opener, make sure that the Nuki App as well as the Nuki Opener are updated.
- To update your Nuki app, please open the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- To update the firmware of your Nuki Opener, please follow these instructions.
Note: If problems occur after updating the firmware, please reconfigure the Nuki Opener!
If the door does not open, please set the opening delay to three seconds or higher in the “Manage Opener” section of your Nuki app and test the opening with the set opening delay.
Some intercom systems only allow opening the door after ringing the bell. If your intercom requires an activation (like ringing the bell first) to be able to open the door, this needs to be taken into consideration during the configuration of the Opener as well.
The Opener cannot work around this process. After the configuration of the Nuki Opener it will therefore only be able to activate “Ring to Open” . Opening the door directly from the Nuki app will not be possible.
To get to the "activation-flow" in the Nuki app you need to answer all the steps during the configuration process with “No” until you are asked if the door was opened after you rang the bell.
In the next step you will be asked if your intercom requires an activation to open the door. If you answer “Yes” the so-called "activation-flow" will start and the configuration of the Opener will be possible. Please note that for the configuration process you will need the assistance of a second person.
If the previous troubleshooting steps did not solve your problem, please try the so-called Basic wiring. All features of the Opener will still work, only the ring suppression will not be available anymore.
Please follow these instructions:
- Start from the original wiring before you connected the Opener.
- Just connect the black wire of the Opener (in addition to the wire of the system) to position **b** (Bus-) and the red wire of the Opener (in addition to the wire of the system) to position **a** (Bus+).
Please don't perform further changes. Do not remove any wires or use the other wires of the Opener nor the extra connector block you received with your Opener.
- Now redo the configuration.
- Check the functionality of the Nuki Opener by selecting “Open”. If necessary you can set the opening delay to 3 seconds or higher.
Note: Please unplug the flat ribbon cable from the Opener if you are performing any modifications on the wiring and go back to the original wiring of your intercom before you reconnect the cables.
Do not plug the flat ribbon cable back into the opener before you are finished with the reconnection of the cables according to the instructions. This is necessary to prevent any damages of your intercom.
Any modification on the intercom is at your own risk. Nuki cannot offer compensation in case of any damages.