With the Nuki app you can open your door via your Apple Watch!
Note: You need your iPhone to install the Nuki app on your Apple Watch.
Communication between Apple Watch and Nuki
|Nuki Smart Lock 2.0
|Nuki Smart Lock 1.0
Direct access via Bluetooth
The Bluetooth communication between the Apple Watch and the Nuki Smart Lock allows you to open your door directly with your watch, even if you don't have your iPhone with you.
Note: Direct Bluetooth communication is not yet available for the Nuki Opener!
If you want to control the Nuki Opener with your Apple Watch, you always need your iPhone to forward the command.
Communication via your iPhone
You can control your Nuki device remotely via your Apple Watch. For this you need the Nuki Bridge and your iPhone.
There has to be a stable Bluetooth connection between your iPhone and the Apple Watch and the Nuki device has to be available via the bridge.
Note: It is currently not possible to control your Nuki device remotely if your iPhone is not in Bluetooth range of the watch.
Requirements and setup
If you want to use the Nuki app on your Apple Watch, your watch and your iPhone must already be connected. The Apple Watch and your iPhone use the same Nuki authorization.
The following requirements have to be met to install the Nuki app on your Apple watch:
- Bluetooth 4.0 or higher
- Operating system: iOS 11.4 or newer
To be able to control your Nuki device via your Apple Watch, please follow these steps:
- Make sure that your iPhone and the Apple Watch are paired with each other.
- Download the Nuki app for free from the Apple App Store and install it on your iPhone.
- Open the "Watch" app on your iPhone. Now click on "Nuki" and activate the option "show on Apple Watch".
- All connected Nuki devices will now be displayed on your Apple Watch.
- If you are using multiple Nuki devices, they will be listed according to their order in the Nuki app on your iPhone. You can switch between the different devices by swiping left or right. If you want to move a specific device to the first position, set it as your favorite in the Nuki app on your iPhone.
From now on you can control your Nuki device via your Apple Watch.
On the watch you will see the two lock commands that are also displayed in the Nuki app when you tap once on the desired Nuki device on your iPhone. By scrolling or turning the dial you can see the other lock commands.
There are some points to keep in mind when you want to control your Nuki device via your Apple Watch. To avoid problems, always check if:
- the Nuki app is installed on your iPhone. Only if this is the case, your Nuki devices will be displayed on the watch.
- Bluetooth is activated.
- your Apple Watch and your iPhone are in Bluetooth range to each other.
- there is a stable connection between your iPhone and the Nuki device.
- the Nuki app is active in the background. To perform actions via the Apple Watch on your iPhone, the Nuki app has to be available and thus at least open in the background on your iPhone. Check the settings of your iPhone and correct them if necessary.
Note: In case of connection problems or errors in the status display, always reboot your iPhone and your Apple Watch!