With the new Nuki Huawei HarmonyOS Watch App you can open your door from your wrist!
Requirements and setup
If you want to use the Nuki app on your Huawei Watch, your watch and your smartphone must already be connected.
The following requirements have to be met to install the Nuki app on your Huawei watch:
- Bluetooth 4.0 or higher
- Operating system smartphone: Android 5.0 or newer
- Nuki App version: 2.8.0 or higher
The Nuki Huawei HarmonyOS Watch App is available for Android and Huawei users in English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and French.
To be able to control your Nuki device via a Huawei Watch, please follow these steps:
- Make sure that your Huawei Watch is paired with your smartphone and that your watch is available on your smartphone.
- Open the Huawei AppGallery and install the Nuki app on your Huawei Watch.
- Open the Nuki app on your smartphone and tap on the menu in the upper left corner. Now select "Connect Huawei Watch". The connection to your Watch will be established.
- Afterwards all your Nuki devices are displayed.
Note: It’s just possible to add up to three Nuki devices to your Huawei Watch!
- If you are using multiple Nuki devices, they will be listed according to their order in the Nuki app on your smartphone. You can switch between the different devices by swiping left or right. If you want to move a specific device to the first position, set it as your favorite in the Nuki app on your smartphone.
From now on you can control your Nuki device via your Huawei Watch!
On the watch you will see the two lock commands that are also displayed in the Nuki app when you tap once on the desired Nuki device on your smartphone. By scrolling or turning the dial you can see the other lock commands.
Communication between Huawei Watch and Nuki
|Nuki Smart Lock 2.0
|Nuki Smart Lock 1.0
Direct access via Bluetooth
The Bluetooth communication between the Huawei Watch and the Nuki Smart Lock allows you to open your door directly with your watch, even if you don't have your smartphone with you.
Note: Direct Bluetooth communication is available for the Nuki Opener, Smart Lock and the Smart Door!
Communication via your smartphone
You can control your Nuki device remotely via your Huawei Watch. For this you need the Nuki Bridge and your smartphone.
There has to be a stable Bluetooth connection between your smartphone and the Huawei Watch and the Nuki device has to be available via the bridge.
Note: It is currently not possible to control your Nuki device remotely if your smartphone is not in Bluetooth range of the watch.
There are some points to keep in mind when you want to control your Nuki device via a Huawei Watch. To avoid problems, always check if:
- the Huawei Watch and your smartphone are paired and your watch is available on your smartphone.
- you have already installed the Nuki app (Nuki app version ≥ 2.8.0) on your smartphone. As the Watch app is a companion app, the Nuki app has to be installed on your smartphone to use the Nuki Huawei HarmonyOS Watch App.
- you have already installed the Nuki app on your watch via the via the Huawei AppGallery.
- Bluetooth is activated.
- Huawei Watch and smartphone are within Bluetooth range.
- the smartphone is within Bluetooth range of the Nuki device when you select an action.
Note: In case of connection problems or errors in the status display, always reboot your smartphone and your Huawei Watch!